During winter, electricity and gas consumption increases due to the use of heating, it’s possible to reduce these costs? We give you some easy tips for it, require small corrections of use of appliances and heating systems and can be a significant reduction costs at the end of the month:
- Review in detail electricity and gas bills, not only to make sure we´re not wasting money on unnecessary consumptions, but also to do a better sustainable and efficient energy use at home.
- Check for leaks or air flow in doors and windows, this can reduce cost by up to 15%.
- Annually, check the heating system in order to ensure efficient operation and whether is time to change it. Installing an efficient heating system can save up to 50% in gas consumption.
- Keeping the thermostat at 20 degrees can mean consumption savings up to 7%.
- Use of natural light and turn off lights and switches when possible, use energy saving light bulbs and replace incandescent lights with compact fluorescent.
- It is recommended that the refrigerator be defrosted regularly to reduce up to 20% electricity consumption, as the layer of ice on the walls reduces its efficiency.
- Do not leave electronic devices “on” or “standby” when no one is using it.
- Avoid using more water than necessary, for shower, either to shower, cooking, washing, etc…
- Harnessing the sun to dry clothes and eliminate bacteria. Likewise, it is also recommended to use the dryer only when absolutely necessary.